ALL for Cameroon stands for Aide Légale Libre, or ‘free legal aid’. We are a grassroots NGO providing legal assistance for child prisoners, victims of torture, and other economically disadvantaged people in need.
ALL for Cameroon’s achievements include:
- Releasing all of the children detailed in Bamenda City Prison by the end of 2010.
- Successfully representing people at the level of the United Nations.
- Handling over 350 wide-ranging legal cases, and offering free legal advice to hundreds more beneficiaries.
- Reaching more than 10,000 people since 2009 through free legal information seminars and discussion groups in villages and towns.
- Receiving interns form all over the world including Cameroon, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, the US, the UK, France, and Belgium.
- Being selected by VSO to receive a British Member of Parliament. The MP’s blog about their experience with ALL can be accessed: http://alistairincameroon.wordpress.com/
- Receiving lawyers from all over the world including a Barrister from Doughty Street Chambers, UK, and lawyers from two city law firms in Brussels.
- ALL was one of the only organisations selected by the British High Commissioner in Cameroon to take part in the Queen’s Birthday Celebrations in 2010.
- Successfully registering as a Chambers in 2013.
ALL for Cameroon is supported by / worked with: